2018 Zion’s Camp at Cumorah
Monday, July 16, to Saturday, July 21, 2018
Camp Dittmer, BSA – near Palmyra New York
A Regional all LDS Boy Scout Summer Camp, featuring boy and adult training in Priesthood, Duty to God, Scouting, and Leadership Principles. Organized through the combined efforts of the Buffalo, Rochester and Palmyra Stakes of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and The Iroquois Trail Council of the Boy Scouts of America.
In addition to an exciting traditional BSA camp program, this camp has been developed to offer some unique opportunities for LDS Scouts and Scouters:
– Monday thru Saturday schedule avoids Sunday camping and travel.
– Weeklong LDS Priesthood Leadership Training using the Philmont Training Center syllabus.
– Deacon-aged traditional merit badge camp with great selection
– Priest-aged program focused on church history and mission preparation (click here for more details)
– Teacher-aged program for those working merit badges plus a mountain man theme (click here)
– Hill Cumorah Pageant and LDS sacred sites
– LDS-oriented Aaronic Priesthood scout training
– Sunrise devotionals and firesides with visiting church and scouting dignitaries
– For more view of last year’s program guide, Click Here (2017 Program Guide)
Camp Dittmer is located approximately 3 miles south of the New York State Thruway outside of Phelps, NY, on the old Newark Reservoir.
The camp address is: 2212 Toll Rd, Phelps, NY 14532.
It is a short drive from early LDS Church history sites:
– The Hill Cumorah/Hill Cumorah Pageant: 15 min.
– Joseph Smith Farm/Sacred Grove: 17 min.
– Book of Mormon Publication Site/Grandin Building: 20 min.
– Martin Harris Farm: 20 mins.
– Peter Whitmer Farm/Church organization Site: 25 min.
– $295 per Scout when paid by May 1, 2018.
– $100 per adult leader.
Fees include all meals (central dining hall), campsite lodging, program areas, camp shirt and camp patch.
Complete the information request form below to begin the process. A deposit of $100 per troop will reserve your spot. Deposits may be mailed to Iroquois Trail Council, BSA, 201 East Main Street Batavia, NY 14020 payable to “Iroquois Trail Council”. Or call Judy Anderson at (585)343-0307 to arrange payment by credit card.