- This event has passed.
Summer Camp Claim Stake
November 1, 2017 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Plan now to get all of your Scouts to Camp in 2018. Get all the important info at the Annual Claimstake.
- Learn about the programs.
- Meet the camp leaders.
- Get key dates & fees.
- Let your boys be part of one of the most successful Camping Programs in NY State.
Many of our Troops have already committed to attend Camp Dittmer in summer 2018. We are personally asking all of our Iroquois Trail Council Troops to consider giving Camp Dittmer and our great staff a chance to show you our improvements & changes, both physical and to our program.
It’s hard to believe, time just goes by too quickly, but this coming summer will be Jess’ third as Camp Dittmer Director. Working with many dedicated volunteers we’ve made improvements each year.
Recent improvements include:
- The addition of 63 tent platforms & tents, and 100 new cot pads
- The construction of a 3-station shot-gun shooting pavilion, made possible by our partners from the Latter Day Saints committee
- Significantly expanded waterfront programs with a donation of 13 kayaks and 12 stand-up paddle boards and 48 new PFD’s
- Added a motor boat and 6 rowboats to the Dittmer watercraft fleet
- Added resources to conduct 5 of the new STEM merit badges at Camp. More will be added in 2018.
- Expanded seating at the campfire circle from 260 to 500 for our Scouts and Scouters
- Significant investments were made to improve the kitchen equipment in each of the past two years.
- Added a wrap-around porch roof and outside seating capacity to the trading post
- Re-built and painted the large sliding barn doors
- For 2018 we’ve already addressed one of our big dilemmas from 2017. At the OA weekend in September, Dave Hofer and Steve Croll installed a new drainage system which will drain the rain/surface water away from the leach field. With an exceptional amount of rain this past summer, that had created a problem for the Delaware campsite, which we’re happy to report has been solved.
- For 2018 we plan to re-create 2 of the previous Low Elements at the COPE Course. This will provide more opportunities for Troops to do team & confidence building exercises with the Scouts in their Troop.
Bring your SPL and assistant leaders to enjoy some good fellowship, fact-finding, idea exchange and conversation.